Friday Randomness

I found out yesterday that Martina is working on not just one, but TWO, african based pieces. I about died from sheer excitement!! With these pieces, our home with reflect hubby and my ethnicity and personalities... Taj Mahal since he's Indian, Chinese Garden for me, and Africa 'cos he's from Zimbabwe and he loves Africa down to his soul.

There is just a preview picture in the Yahoo Group right now, but isn't the Serengeti Mandala magnificent already??



The companion piece is going to be a rectangle shaped, banner-like design with lots of wildlife folks, and a background of various "typical" landscapes. I have the PERFECT spots for these pieces.... right in the living room with all our african stuff.

Taj Mahal will find a new home and Serengeti will reside next to the giraffe.

I'd like to display the panel above the entertainment center.
There's a nice wall expanse there. :)

Don't you think the elephants in the mandala resemble our ironwood elephants from Zimbabwe?

My biggest concern? Part 1 of Serengeti will be released in February 2012. How am I supposed to fit that in?? I'm afraid to even think about the panel...

Comments

Pauline said…
What a nice home you have!
I like all the african stuff, i made giraffes for my friend, he lived in Africa a view years when he was 2 years old.
cucki said…
hello dear,,your home is so beautiful..our house is also full of african stuff..
keep well..hugs for you xx
Ruth said…
Your home is beautiful and I think where you have planned for your pieces to go is just perfect.
I saw your excitement on the Yuku board Joyce lol! I was wondering what my next Mandala would be after Butterfly Lace - I guess Martina has helped me make my mind up with Serengeti!
Lesleyanne said…
Your home is gorgeous. I think the pieces will look great where you have planned. You will fit them in.
Melissa said…
I love your home! Serengeti mandala will look great next to your giraffe, and the banner design above your entertainment center will be the perfect finishing touch. I also love the elephants in your kitchen-elephants have been my favorite animal since childhood :)
♥ Nia said…
I'm confused.. your DH was born in India or Zimbabwe?! I'm lost in the globe! heheeh

I'm pretty sure you'll fit that in, you'll make it work ;) ehheehh
Katie said…
We can't keep up with the designers can we? They just keep putting out designs we are FORCED to stitch haha. From the sneak peek and your beautiful house pictures it will definitely fit right in. I can't wait to watch your progress.
Sarah said…
What a beautiful home you have! Really love all the objects from your roots - I think fiance and I will have to do that when we set up a home (sounds pretty similar to your situation, between us we have 4 country 'homes'). I'm sure you'll find time to fit the African pieces in somehow!
Minnie said…
You have a very beautiful home and take very good pictures.
The Manbroider said…
The new piece is stunning and im sure where ever you choose for it to go it will perfect! I also think you should do another Pixie.....
ArabicaMix said…
Joyce, I think that your home does not leave you a choice! Everything is already decided for you - you need to prepare for a new project -
Serengeti:)
Yvon (jioya) said…
That piece is made for you, i think Martina can find out what you wish for, just like Santa.
I think that it will look very good in the spot that you have in mind for it.

Hugs Yvon.
Isadarena said…
Hi Joyce, I think this new Mandala from Martina will look just perfect for your sweet home :-))
I wish you a lovely week-end,
Isa
Ewa said…
Your home is so beautiful! When can I move in? I love that you can see how sparkly Taj Mahal is just from that picture. I think the pieces are going to look wonderful, especially with your amazing stitching talent!
Anne said…
Another mandala?!? My you WILL be busy this upcoming year!! I love your home and your decor!! This mandala will be perfect for your living room!!! Can't wait to see the final mandala!
Brenda said…
I was reading your blog and your needlework is just beautiful. You do a lovely job stitching. I use to own a needlework shop and I can honestly say that I have never seen such nice stitching.
Measi said…
Envious of your house! :)

Serengeti is looking gorgeous, and I do plan on stitching it someday. Won't be able to fit it in this year, though.
Meari said…
Love your decor!

Popular Posts