Hellooooooo hermitters!!! The weekend is almost upon us!! Ready to close out the world and have a little "me" time? I know I am. It's only Monday and already I've about had enough of this week. LOL!
I'm not sure what I'll be stitching this week, since I just finished Gardenia. What's that I said?? A finish!! YES!! I'll do a separate post for her in a little bit here, but I wanted to get Hermie up first.
This is both a good and bad day with Yexian's progress...
The good: I'm at the happy juncture of 35ish% done and it's time to scroll up!!!! HUZZAH!!!! The bad: Scrolling up leaves me with a huge expanse of (mostly) empty material and damn if my mojo doesn't look at that and want to pull the blanket over its head and go into hiding. LOL!
I'm hoping said mojo will cooperate and ride the high of finishing a section and overlook the empty spaces. HAHA! We shall see. The objective is still to try and get it done by year's end. Possible? I don't know. I've calculated that I need to do about 680 stitches a day to accomplish this and those 35-stitches days ain't helpin'... hahah!! ALTHOUGH... I have Friday off for Good Friday and the current plan is to stay in PJs and stitch for the bulk of the day. I *should* do ironing too though... it's up to almost 5 weeks worth of clothes now. *gasp*
I have for you today, my dear readers, the proof that Spring Knotgarden aka Alien Cats with Temple Hats is finished! Thanks for your companionship through this journey. You are all invaluable to me. *hugs*
Since this is going to be a picture heavy post I won't say much other than that Martina has created another masterpiece and it looks even better in real life!!!
Spring Knotgarden by Chatelaine (Martina Rosenberg)
Fabric: 32ct White Jobelan
Kit from Europeanxs.com
Started: Apr. 8th, 2011
Stopped: July 7th, 2011
Started again: October, 2013
Finished!! Jan. 31st, 2014
... Lady Alexandra!! (or as I loving call her Rady Arex. AHAHAHAHAHA!!!)The last stitch went in at about 4pm EST yesterday and I am so pleased with how she turned out! :D
Lady Alexandra by Mirabilia
Color conversion by Vanessa M.
Facial rechart by Heidi B.
Fabric: Merfolk's Morn, 32ct hand-dyed belfast by SMF
(Gifted by Brenda D.)
Stitched 2 over 2
Floss: DMC, Kreinik
Beads: Mill Hill, Pearls
Started: December 7th, 2012
Finished: March 29th, 2013
I changed her earrings, ring, and tiara to pearls to match her necklace. I, for one, would never be dressed to the nines and have non-matching jewelry. ;) The chopsticks in her hair are stitched with kreinik.
The beads on the 'tendrils' of her dress were changed from the original blue to a light lilac.
Apart from the above changes, all the beads were as charted. I love how the purples of the beads and floss blend and compliment each other so perfectly. I'm such a tone-on-tone girl. :)