Hellooo-OOoo-oo000000 Out There

How are you guys doing? :D

I'm still alive(!!!)... albeit alternately busy and lazy... thus explaining the long silence and lack of cutie pie pictures, both of the two- and four-legged kind.

We'll just cover the 'busy' portion of things, since there's not much 'xplaining to do for the 'lazy' portion. LOL!!!

Sometime over the last couple of months, I've finished my requirements to become both a Notary Public and a Notary Signing Agent. Yippee!! I've started training for mortgage closings and the like and since this is a job that allows me to set my own hours, I'm looking forward to it working out nicely.

I kinda missed Feb's IHSW. I think I stitch maybe 1 thread length. :S I did some crafting alright and yeah, you guessed it, it was in D3. LOL!

Crafted Monkette a honey of an amulet on the third try which gave me a huge DPS (damage) boost. (To give an example of how awesome this was, some people have crafted a few hundred amulets and haven't come close to the stats on this one.)

I have crafted more since then as well, but nothing has been as good. :( Why keep trying, you ask? Well, see how the amulet has lightning resist? That's the wrong resist for Monkette since she stacks cold resist!!! Booo-hoooo! :( A friend called me picky. Surely, he jests!!! How is wanting perfection, picky?? Am I right or am I right? I'm right. LOL!!!

The week after IHSW, I finally put needle and thread to fabric and finished Lady A's dress. I'm so loving her purple dress!! :D I've left out some of the colors in in the round blobs and will wait till I get the beads to decide on the floss colors for those areas.



Bead wise, after numerous discussions with stitching friends and hubby, I've decided to switch out the light blue beads that goes into the 'tentacle' parts of her dress to a crystal lilac color bead. This allows me to almost go tone-on-tone with her dress and beads. Should be a good look, I think. :D

This past weekend, I finished her bodice and started on the sash and gloves. I'll be working on these portions in tandem since they have the same colors. Hopefully, it won't take me too long before I get to her face though I still haven't decided on the final face as yet.



I think that's about it from me for now. Since you guys have had to share me for so long with D3, I thought I'd leave you with a new picture of Monkette. :D


Comments

Ineke said…
Hi Joyce! Thought you are in hybernation, but you were just busy :o) Congratulations with your Notary requirements. The purple dressis lovely: keep on stitching this beauty!
cucki said…
Sweet stitching lime always
Lots of love for you
Hugs x
The Maiden said…
I am so excited about this conversion, so many new things to see! The dress is really coming along much better than the original and I cannot wait to see the face!
Melissa said…
I love her dress! Great job with the conversion, and I can't wait to see what you do with her face :)
Katie said…
Your stitching is fantastic! Glad to see you have stolen time for some X's in there.

Congrats on your work accomplishments and your D3 crafting too. My perfectionism would keep trying too haha. Good luck finding the perfect match.
Emma/Itzy said…
Lol! I have still to yet play D3 even though I have a copy!

This week it is all about the new Starcraft expansion for the other half and I am trying to decide if to buy it or not...I don't have enough time to stitch as it is!!!
Melissa said…
Its looking GORGEOUS! Wow! I can't wait to see how her face stitches up! I am working on Chatelaine French Kitchen Garden at the moment..
♥ Nia said…
Ooohhh such a gorgeous dress!! Beautiful :D
Congrats on your new job taks! (Ok, tasks is probably not the right word for this case but you know what I mean! Heheheh)
Come back and post more often!! I miss you!!!
Hugs&smiles

Popular Posts