Ducky Update!!

"They hatched!!!"

That was the message hubby sent me while I was getting paperwork ready for a mortgage closing. Of course, I had to stop everything and tell the ladies at the office! :D

Everyone at hubby's office building has been waiting on pins and needles for this day. They were starting to worry that the eggs were dead and if mama duck was going to sit and incubate till her heart broke. :(

Then, they worried about how the ducklings would fare if they fell from the ashtray since it's about three feet tall. So, someone brought a blanket and surrounded the base of the ashtray with it. You can see a bit of it on the bottom right of the picture.

I didn't get to see the wee ducklings till early evening and, oh my!, a day old and already too cute for words!! There are still a few eggs that are unhatched, so fingers crossed that they'll peck their way out in the next day or so.

The pic is kinda fuzzy as hubby didn't want to disturb them too much, but bless his soul, he took a vid for us too!! :D

Comments

Carolyn said…
Joyce,
Awwww...What a story...Glad to know one has hatched...I hope the others hatch soon...I love how everyone is taking to the mamma duck and her needs...Great story and video Thanks for sharing.
That's so cute, and it's so nice that things are actually working out! It's always unbelievable how cuddly ducklings are. ^^
Katie said…
Aw Thanks for the update!!! Too cute.
Lesley said…
:):) great video by hubby,thank you for putting on your blog.
ana~stitch said…
Oh my gosh how CUTE!!! Thanks for posting:)
Btw, Florida ducks are funny-looking ;)
Astrids dragon said…
How precious! I love how you're all so concerned about her and her babies!

Popular Posts