IHSW February 2015

Can it be?? Is it she?? She's on time??? For a dime???? (I know, I know, that last one didn't make sense, but I had to rhyme something with time, LOL!!)

I've been pretty good with stitching over the last few weeks:
- finished Field of Fucks
- stitched Serengeti √
- planned a new start √

Wha, wha, what?? A new start???!! Me?? Has the sky fallen down??!! IKR?????!!!!! (Sheesh, I think I just use up my quota of question marks and exclamation marks for the next two months!! Oh, who am I kidding? That was barely a week's worth, HAH!)

Well, you see, one of my dearest online friends is coming for a visit in May. You know how there are certain people with whom you instantly become fast friends? There's no awkward getting-to-know-you phase, there's no tip-toeing around likes and dislikes, all there is is an instant bonding. Bane (not her real name, LOL) is such a friend and she'll be flying all the way from KY just to see me... even though she hates to fly!

I had been planning on stitching her something for a while now and I think I probably bugged her to death with ideas and links but she finally decided on Mirabilia's Deco Spirits. The fact that she likes this thrilled me to no end since I've always loved this design but never had a reason to stitch it. Well, now I do!!!! :D :D :D And what better time to start it than IHSW?? ;)

With this, Serengeti is going away for a little bit longer, but if you squint real hard and hop around in a triangle, you can almost see the two zebras I was working on last week. :D



On a sidenote, I've started playing Marvel Heroes (DOH!!), but at least it's nowhere as addictive as D3 was. :D

Comments

Claudette497 said…
Yee-haw! I'm so ready!
Mouse said…
well blow me down with a feather hahahahha ... well done you ... soooo pleased to hear the stitching is more ...lol

will I think have to pass on this one as I am getting my new house ready to move in as we are getting the old one valued next week .... wish me and the gang luck ... love mouse xxxxx
IHSW again already? And I don't have any other plans for the weekend? Something can't be right here! I'm really looking forward to that, and seeing you start your new project as well ^_^
Thoeria said…
Oh my.....no wonder it's been so hot here.....you're affecting global weather patterns :D
I have a bit on the go this weekend but will also be stitching when I can!
Katie said…
LOL You goofy girl. Love your updates. I can't wait to watch your new start grow. I hope you ladies have a fantastic time together which I bet anything you will. I can see the zebras and I didn't even have to hop around. I'm going to be out of town this weekend so no IHSWing for me. See ya next month.
Every weekend is IHSW for me LOL

Great to hear about a new start, can't wait to see the progress on this one.
Lesley said…
Hoping to take part,the intention is there, inbetween enjoying our younger son's visit from London:-)
rosey175 said…
Woohoo! I think I'll actually be able to do something this weekend as we're gonna be snowed in! :D Of course, I might get distracted by a game or three myself...
I've been hearing about ISHW but haven't participated before. Although I don't have a lot of time available to stitch this weekend, I'll join in the fun. Thanks :-)
Bea said…
Looking forward to this! Have only one "must do" this weekend, so should get some stitches in.
Carolyn said…
Yeah for you for stitching! Your Zebras look good.

I think its great stitching something for a friend. I can't wait to see your progress.

I myself will have a new start and its going to be a big challenge for me. It's something I've picked out for ME! That's right ME!

First I will finish something for my Aunt and then the challenge begins!

I hope to get some stitching done this weekend. We may be camping but I will get a few stitches in!
Carol said…
Drat, I can't find the sign-up post! But I did stitch, honest!

http://210920746822434353.weebly.com/ is my blog!

Popular Posts