2017 Stitching Finishes and Yexian Update
What happened in 2017? I know I blogged some, can't remember what about other than sporadic IHSWs and almost no stitching. No gaming either, so can't even use that as the culprit. Hardly did any reading, so it wasn't that. Hrmmm... LOL!
I followed this with stitching the 'ello worm from Labyrinth who is one of hubby's favorite Jim Henson critters. I found a picture of him done in perler beads and used that as a starting point and then also used a movie photo of the worm to fashion his hair tuffs. Finishing was easily done with stretching him into an embroidery hoop.
I was planning on 2018 being a better stitching, blogging, etc year, but look at me!! It's February and I'm finally doing my (technically) first official post. Better late than never? Hahah!!
Ok, let's see... the first nine months of 2017 was peppered with negligable Yexian stitches. It was such miserable progress that when I tried to locate a 2017 update pic, I was astounded to discover that there was none. Zip, zero, nada!!!! :S
During the last quarter of 2017, I pep talked myself into stitching the Lufthansa logo for hubby. He hardly asks for any projects to be stitched, but since he mentioned that a few times, I thought "why not? Maybe it'll get me back into the swing of things." So, I charted that, tent stitched in Lufthansa yellow on 32ct linen and did the finishing by stretching it over painter's canvas and added ribbon, similar to the dark blue of their company, to highlight the border. Turned out pretty well, I think.
Then, for the fun of it, I stitched a storm trooper as a birthday gift for a friend; again using the embroidering hoop finishing technique.
Finally, I beaded a dragonfly chart I had laying around for a dear friend who visited in December. I am exceptionally pleased with how this turned out and yup(!!!) you guessed it, did the embroidery hoop finishing on it as well.
Aaaaaand.... that brings us to 2018. Thanks to the resurrection of IHSW on FB, I got Bluebell done. Boy oh boy, was she tedious. I don't particularly know why: it could've been the fabric (32ct opalescent lugana is H.E.L.L!!!); could've been wanting to stitch on Yexian but needing to first finish Bluebell (yes, need cos it'd have driven me batty to leave that half-assed). Regardless, Yexian finally saw the light of day and I've been working on her for about two weeks, not that you could tell...